What a strange investment environment we find ourselves in at the start of the 2020s.
- Stock and bond markets at record highs despite the obvious economic impact of the pandemic.
- Negative interest rates becoming ‘normal’
- Structural changes in our living and working patterns being accelerated by Covid19
Every market analyst and industry guru will give a different explanation of what is happening and why, so how on earth do you and I decide what to invest in?
The good news is that there are still some great opportunities out there, you just have to look harder to find them.
Two principals of The Beaufort Society, Graham Rowan and Simon Walker, spend a great deal of their time looking for exactly these kind of investments and doing detailed due diligence on them before sharing them with members. Examples from our current portfolio include:
- A new clean energy provider with enormous tax benefits of SEIS/EIS
- A well secured bond paying strong coupons on a quarterly basis
- Gold bullion in a Swiss vault at a 26% discount
Our investments are only open to what the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority classes as Sophisticated or High Net Worth investors. That may sound off-putting but the requirements are not too onerous: